1208 am PST Sat Dec 20 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect from 8 am this
morning to 1 PM PST this afternoon...
* high surf will make it dangerous to fish or observe the surf
today. Sneaker waves could surprise unwary beach walkers. Waves
might break on jetties and breakwaters. Waves will run up high
on the beaches and some erosion is possible.
* Tidal overflow is likely late this morning and a coastal Flood
Advisory is in effect. High tide along the coast today will be
from around 10 am til noon. Due to low pressure over the region
tidal anomalies early this morning were around 1.8 feet at 4 am.
Adding that anomaly to the tide table prediction gives a high
tide at Westport late this morning near 12 feet and for La Push
around 11 feet.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
erosion. The coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds
and tides will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 am PST this
morning for the north and central Washington coast...
* some affected locations... La Push... Forks... Pacific Beach...
Ocean Shores... Westport... Hoquiam.
* Timing... winds will peak early this morning... then ease by late
* Wind... southeast wind 25 to 40 mph with local gusts to 50
mph... shifting southwest this morning and easing to 15 to 30
mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds can knock down tree limbs and weak
trees... and cause power outages.
A High Wind Warning means that a hazardous wind event is imminent