... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening...
* high temperatures... 101 to 106.
* Timing... the hottest times of the day will be from noon until
* Impacts... the potential exists for heat exhaustion and heat
stroke due to the hot temperatures. Do not leave your children
or pets in a hot car. Do not over exert yourself outdoors
during the hottest times of the day.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot daytime temperatures and warm
overnight low temperatures will combine to create a situation in
which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay
in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check up
on relatives and neighbors.
300 PM PDT sun Aug 2 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
Tuesday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Monday afternoon through
* Affected area... in waz675... fire weather zone 675.
* Timing... winds will increase Monday afternoon and continue into
* Wind... northwest 10-20 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Strongest winds
will be in the afternoon and evening.
* Humidity... 10-22 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
... Record high temperature set at Yakima WA...
a record high temperature of 105 degrees was set at Yakima WA today.
This ties the old record of 105 set in 1971.